Cytron Pikabot – MakerUNO Smart Car kit
€35.00 inc VAT
Build your own Pikachu themed smart car – with real microcontroller, sensors and coding!
3 in stock
Build Your Own Smart Car: PIKABOT
Everyone loves mobile robots! With PikaBot, you get to learn electronics, microcontroller, sensors, motors & coding, while having fun!
New to Mobile Robot & Coding?
Don’t worry! This kit comes with a booklet covering all the hands-on lessons you need to get started. Every step is explained clearly with the help of images. We make sure that the common issues when building and coding the Arduino mobile robot are properly addressed in this booklet. Besides, it comes with fun facts to feed the curious minds too.
No Soldering! Just Jumper Wires
There is no soldering involved in order for more young makers to take part in the building process. To make things even simpler, the detailed schematic diagram and mounting location of the parts are printed inside the box. Hence you can build and connect with greater confidence as you embark on this digital-making journey.
This mobile robot kit is based on Maker UNO (Arduino Uno compatible).
Box = Mobile Robot Base
We designed the packaging box of PikaBot to be reusable. Not only that it’s used for packing the complete set of components needed for the project, it serves as the robot base and cover of your PikaBot mobile robot too.
Line Following & Obstacle Avoidance
What can your PikaBot do? It can follow line, simple yet practical navigation that is widely used in AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) and many robot competition. The kit comes with a pair of infrared sensors which you can calibrate & program to recognize black and white surfaces. PikaBot also includes an ultrasonic distance sensor so it can detect obstacles in front of it.
mBlock Graphical Programming Interface
Besides using the Arduino IDE as taught in our user guide booklet, you can also program PikaBot with the mBlock block-based programming interface. Check out this tutorial to learn more.
With the beginner-friendly Maker UNO as the controller, everyone can build and program this mobile robot. We have also included
- Dual-channel motor driver – Maker Drive
- Two “TT” brush motors with pre-solder wires
- 4 x AA battery to power the controller and motor
- Of course, it comes with two IR Line Tracking Module for line following
- An Ultrasonic Distance Sensor for obstacle avoidance
- Accessories for the smart car to work 🙂
- Everything is packed in a nicely designed paper box which will be utilized as the base of the mobile robot too
To make life even easier, we have prepared:
- A printed copy of Step by Step Guide for you to build this kit (Softcopy here)
- Sample code for line following, obstacle avoidance, and melody in Arduino Sketch in Github (coming soon)
- Video to assemble the robot is in the making, check it out (coming soon)
- Line Following Track for line following.
- Mobile Robot Kit
- Do It Yourself (DIY) mobile robot kit
- No soldering is needed, only requires to connect jumper wires 🙂
- Controller: Maker UNO
- Motor Driver: Maker Drive dual-channel DC brush motor driver
- Driven by two TT motors with pre-solder wires
- Power both controller and motor with 4 x AA battery, with battery holder too
- Comes with IR Line Sensor module, for line following
- Open-source example code, free to modify and learn to code
- Panel mount rocker switch as the power activation switch
- Panel mount push button as a start button
- The paper box is creatively designed as the container and also the body for the mobile robot.
- Everything needed is packed in this kit!
- Box Dimension: 127mm x 55mm x 19mm (not including motor shafts and wheels)
- 1 x Maker UNO (Simplifying Arduino for Education)
- 1 x Maker Drive: Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver for Beginner
- 2 x 3 – 6VDC Dual Axis TT Gear Motor (with pre-solder wires)
- 2 x Rubber Wheel for TT Gear Motor (63mm x 15mm)
- 2 x IR Line Tracking Module
- 1 x HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Ranging Module
- 1 x 4xAA Batteries
- 1 x 4xAA battery holder
- 1 x Breadboard Mini (35mmx42mm)
- 1 x 40 ways Male to Female Jumper Wire
- 1 x 40 ways Male to Male Jumper Wire
- 1 x USB Micro B cable
- 1 x mBot N20 Vacuum Steel Ball Castor
- 1 x Tiny Phillips Screwdriver – 85mm
- 4 x Bolt M3x25mm
- 4 x M3 Nut
- 1 x CH2 Quick Wiring Terminal Press Type
- 1 x Rocker Switch with wires
- 1 x Push Button with wires
- 14 x Plastic Rivet (M3)
- 2 x Plastic Rivet (M4)
- 1 x PikaBot Track
- 1 x PikaBot Booklet – A step-by-step guide to build & program PikaBot.
- 1 x PikaBot Paper Box
- Softcopy (PDF) of PikaBot Booklet (Hardcopy comes with the kit)
- Arduino sample code
- PikaBot is now programmable with mBlock, a tutorial on Hackster.io. Now you can use block(graphical) programming to program PikaBot.
- CH34X driver (Please ensure the Maker UNO is plug into the computer USB port during driver installation)
- Arduino IDE Download
- Maker UNO product page
Last but not least, we’ve designed some expressive PikaBot stickers for Telegram messenger for all you PikaBot lovers! If you are a Telegram user, grab the sticker pack here: https://t.me/addstickers/cytron_pikabot. Have fun!