Pirate Radio – Pi Zero W Project Kit
€45.00 inc VAT
Build your very own internet-connected radio with the Pirate Radio Kit!
This kit has everything* you’ll need, including a Pi Zero W, audio board with VU meter LEDs, I2S?DAC, and stereo amp, a 5W speaker, and a beautifully retro acrylic enclosure to make it look the business. It’ll take you around 30 minutes to?put together?(check out our assembly guide for details). Requires some soldering and a PI Zero compatible PSU.
2 in stock
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Audio board with I2S DAC, stereo amp. VU meter, and six buttons
- Single 5W 4? speaker
- Blue acrylic enclosure **
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to micro B (male) adaptor
- Mini to full-size HDMI adaptor
- Sticker sheet (personalise your Pirate Radio!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
* Just add your own micro-SD card
** We’ve tweaked the design of the back layer and legs recently, and have updated?the build guide with extra instructions for these new pieces.
This kit takes advantage of the built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth on the Pi Zero W, meaning that there’s no longer any need for a USB Wi-Fi dongle.
- Dual I2S DAC/amplifiers (MAX98357A)
- 3W per channel
- 2x push fit speaker terminals
- DIP switch to select blended mono or stereo modes
- 16 RGB LED pixels (APA102) in 2 rows of 8
- 6 edge-mounted push buttons
- Software installer and ALSA VU meter plugin
- 5W 4? speaker with pre-soldered wires
- 3-layer blue acrylic enclosure
- Pi Zero W with single core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- Adaptor kit
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Pre-soldered header
- Python library
Our nifty one-line installer will get your pHAT BEAT configured and install our VU meter plugin for ALSA that uses the RGB LEDs on pHAT BEAT to display sound levels.
We’ve also put together a Python library to allow you to control the LEDs independently, if you wish, and to program the buttons to do whatever you wish.
Assembled size of Pirate Radio is 135x85x70mm (WxHxD).